1. Last Sunday’s love offering is Rs. 12,955/-
2. We thank the following group for organising mass and for cleaning the Church, i.e Saturday’s English mass Mrs. Philomena Braganza & Fly, Mr. Lourdes Fernandes & Fly and Mrs. Philomena Fernandes & Fly from St. Mathias Somudai (Marra IV) and Mr. Augustinho & Fly, Piedade Maxim Souza & Fly and Benjamin Nagueira & Fly from St. Perpetua Somudai (Marra III)and the second mass was organised by St. Andrew catechism group (Sir Stevan, Tr Rosie & Tr. Piedade)
3. 19th February 2022, Saturday, cleaning of the Church and organising the Liturgy will be done by Angelica D’Costa & Fly, Joseph D’Souza & Fly and Epifania Lobo & Fly from St. Polycarp Somudai (Marra II) and Matilda D’Silva & Fly, Alzira Fernandes & Fly and Manuel D’Souza & Fly from St. John of the Cross Somudai (Marra I). Coming Saturday (19th Feb) the evening mass in English at 6.00 p.m. will be organised by St. Polycarp Somudai (Marra II) and Sunday morning mass will be organise by St. John of the Cross Somudai (Marra III) at 7.00 a.m. and second mass will be organised by St. Paul catechism group (Sir Domnic, & Sir. Terryll)
4. 17th February, Thursday, Blessing of Maddi of Our Lady of Candelaria, at 5.00 p.m followed by mass. From 18th Friday onwards novena begins rosary at 5.00 p.m followed by mass. Somudai leaders please prepare the Liturgy and give for correction two days before your Novenas
5. Today there is meeting of Catechists along with Parents. Requesting the Parents to attend this meeting without fail as it will be an open day also.
6. The redemptorists Fathers are organising Lenten Weekend retreats at DASYA, Porvorim starting on 4th March – 6th March, 11th March- 13th March, 18th March – 20th March, 25th March- 27th March, 1st April to 3rd April 2022. The retreat will begin on Friday at 5 p.m and end on Sunday Post Lunch. Only 25 people per weekend. Details will be sent to you on Whatsaap. Those interested can contact Fr. Gregory Noronha 7498953977 and Tony 8779649400.
7. The social cell of the Archdiocese has prepared a prayer in view of the coming Assembly Elections on 14th Feb 2022. Kindly recite it daily till the Elections after the Rosary in you families.
8. Most probably in March 2022 we are going to start the construction work of the Parish Hall and Catechism classroom. In view of this the Parish Council has brought out some Easter Hampers. Our PPC members will come with them. Please be generous to buy the hampers.
9. Parish Youth of Pilerne will be staging a Free Tiatr entitled,’Amche xim Rav’ on 27th Feb at 7.00 in the church Compound.
10. Our State Assembly Elections of 2022 are very crucial for our community. Saligao Constituency has 27,313 voters altogether. Out of which, 8,192 i.e 30% votes belongs to our community. We cannot afford to split our community votes. Hence the need of the hour is to consolidate our community votes and defeat the facist and communal forces that are very dangerous to our State where religious and communal harmony has always prevailed. Please do not fall prey to money or other materialistic goods even some of these candidates may be your friends or relatives.. Let us collectively choose the right candidate and the right party that will safeguard the interests and rights of our community.Kindly think of our entire community before you cast your precious vote.
Rev. Fr. Derick Fernandes